This morning I woke up and realized that today is 2018, and that means all the beauty and excitement and exhaustion of 2017 are over and a new year has begun. Tired as I was, this thought propelled me to find a cup of beanbrew and sit with Andrew’s Instagram for awhile. Looking over all those photos is a great way of reminding myself of all the things we have to be grateful for.
- The Rabbit Room enjoyed a board retreat and a full year as a nonprofit organization.
- Andrew built a stone wall, and, amazingly, an ARCH. I have walked under that arch. It is astounding. (Considering that he also made my entire world you would think this would seem normal, but I am so dumbfounded and proud of him.)
- Rabbit Room books and authors were present at all four Great Homeschool Conventions. Andrew met a real live Durgan guildling!
- Andrew wrote lots of sonnets for Holy Week and Advent.
- Team Peterson lost their good Moondog, and a couple months later got a new puppy: Chief.
- There was an eclipse!
- The Rich Mullins tribute concert was a smashing success.
- Andrew visited Israel for the first time.
- All three of the Peterson kids did amazing things: Aedan graduated high school, started college, interned at Magnetic Dreams, and did background paintings for the Wingfeather short. Asher hosted two music festivals, toured with his Pops, and is assistant-engineering Andrew’s new album. Skye led worship for a missions trip, was the lead in Annie (she killed it, seriously), and Kickstarted and released her first album.
- Andrew traveled all over, speaking and singing. This included a tour with Audrey Assad, a conference in Oxford, and the 18th year for Behold the Lamb of God.
- Andrew and Jamie turned 23. 🙂
It seems like I might be forgetting something… what is it?… OH YES. The WINGFEATHER SAGA ANIMATED SHORT WAS RELEASED.
Amazing. What a wonderful year.
What will happen next year?
We hope for greater and deeper community. More joy, and more sleep. More opportunities to serve you readers, and the Maker, with the art that we make. We’re hoping to find the perfect studio to help us continue the animated series. I can’t wait to see the Florid Sword comic Andrew’s going to be working on, and to hear the album he’ll be releasing this spring. I’m planning to create a book club kit for The Monster in the Hollows. And later this month, we’ll launch a brand-new Ban Rona Book Club readalong, and you’ll be invited to read the whole series with us week by week, all year long. (Details next week!)
We love you readers. Onward to 2018!